Tuesday, July 17, 2012

GRA270 The Design Process: The Black Squares

This seems to be a universal design project. I've done this assignment in Art Fundamentals, Digital Media Arts and now Graphic Design.

I can see why it's such a popular assignment: it's a very challenging one, because you only have 4 black squares to communicate a word/idea. Being able to interpret the word and design/layout the 4 black squares in an abstract manner to communicate these words, is a very tough design challenge and really serves as a good indication of our thought process regarding anything we do in design.

Having done this project for the third time now, I can tell that this project doesn't really get any easier the more times you do it. I find that I'm getting ideas out onto the paper faster, but that doesn't mean that those ideas are going to be successful.

Here are my solutions to these problems:







No comments:

Post a Comment