Monday, February 28, 2011

The Offspring's Conspiracy of One logo: In 3D (Illustrator)

This was another fun little personal project. It was originally inspired by the bottom image. I thought the texture mapping on the logo was pretty cool, so it kind of inspired me to re-create the logo in 3D for some odd reason. Not having access to 3D studio MAX here at my house/make-shift studio, I decided that Adobe Illustrator would have to suffice. After being exposed to the 3D studio MAX platform in my Intro to 3D course at Seneca College, I realized how bad Illustrator is for building 3D objects (granted, it is not actually a 3D platform). Overall, I'm happy with the outcome; I'd still like to bring this into 3D Studio MAX and mess around with the materials editor to see what kind of texture mapping I can get for the logo.

The typeface I used for my design is called "Gunship". I forget where I found this typeface, all I know is that I stumbled upon it while searching for the "Top Gun" typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment