Thursday, October 20, 2011

Zombie Face

Cool Illustrator tutorial using the "Brush" tool. I like how this tutorial uses a stock photo that the user can draw over instead of having to create the zombie head totally from scratch (not that that's not fun either). If you have a tablet, USE IT. it makes this tutorial a little more manageable. I used just my mouse for this one, didn't turn out that badly for a first run. I'm thinking of painting this face in the near future. Tutorial can be found here: http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-gruesome-zombie-illustration


For the remake of this illustration, I decided to draw the zombie face and then outline it using my small and medium point brush pens. The lines look much neater and have more definition than the version I built in Illustrator. Overall, I'm much happier with this version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment