Monday, February 6, 2012

GRA180: Hand drawing

I've done more of these drawings in last 3 years than I have in my whole life. This drawing takes me back to 2009 when I was fresh out of highschool and looking to enroll in Art Fundamentals, Animation and Illustration; they required hand drawings either as a portfolio requirement or as part of an on-site drawing test.

What made this drawing interesting was the fact that the hand had to be drawn through a piece of plexiglass, hence why there are white marks on the knuckles of my hands; the sections pressed against the plexiglass. You more or less had to draw while closing one eye, otherwise you'd be trippin' balls trying to get the line work done. Certainly made for some interesting line work, perspective and foreshortening.

No comments:

Post a Comment