Saturday, July 28, 2012

3rd Annual Toronto Shakespeare Festival: King Lear

For our second to last project in GRA210, we were tasked with designing a poster for the 3rd Annual Toronto Shakespeare festival.

You're allowed to choose any of William Shakespeare's plays; I chose "King Lear", simply because everyone else chose either Romeo and Juliet or Hamlet. Just trying to mix things up a bit.

So the following are the 3 concepts I came up with for "King Lear". My prof and I both agreed that the last one is the most effective design, simply because the crown is an actual creation as oppose to just finding an image online and pasting it into the poster. I got the idea for the crown from this tutorial. I didn't want to use the 3D effect in Illustrator, simply because it would cause my own machine to lag. Tutorial: http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/create-a-royal-crown-using-adobe-illustrator-cs5/




No comments:

Post a Comment