Monday, May 31, 2010

Thoughts about Derrick Hodgson's art work

So this project turned out to be a very interesting one for me to undertake; it just felt good to draw stuff again. His abstract characters (as I view them) are none like I've ever seen before in the art work which I'm exposed to, which is mostly 3D, beautifully modelled and rendered characters in video games. With that being said, it was very unusually for me to see characters that have been drawn the way Madreal does; the characters seem very child-like. Now that's not to say I'm putting down Madreal's designs or anything, they just remind of art I used to draw when I was like 6 years old. Towards the end of this assignment, I had grown use to Madreal's designs which made it easier for me to become inspired by his work. So far, this assignment has been the most fun one I've had so far. It was great to get exposed to some interesting, abstract art work and to be able to draw again. I look forward to having more projects like this one, I feel that these assignments have the potential to be really kick ass! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment