Saturday, May 14, 2011

DMA423: "Vans" logo re-branding

So the idea behind the logo is that "Vans" is a widely recognized manufacturer and distributor of skate gear such as decks and shoes, so I felt the logo should reflect that.


This is the first design I came up with for re-branding "Vans". I liked the idea of using the curl of the "s" to feed into the structure of the skateboard. Although the back end of the skateboard looks odd as the end piece is missing and the shoe is missing it's heel.




This is design builds on the first design I came up with. I like the idea of using the "Vans" text to sort of imply or close the shape of the shoe. Although the skateboard underneath the logo still looks odd and the heel of the shoe is unsupported by anything, I knew I was on the right track with this design.


This is the final product that I hope our team can use for the re-branding of "Vans". The shoe takes on the design of a "Slip On" shoe, which are fairly popular because of how comfortable they feel. The slip on shoes design is also less detailed than that of a sneaker, so a slip on shoe would be better suited for the logo as "less is more". The shoe also completes the shape of the skateboard, thus bringing unity to the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment