Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flash background: Butterfly Wine Label

Initial Sketch

Messing around with the "alpha" in Flash

Changing the colours in Photoshop.



Using Hype frameworks and the butterfly assets used early, I generated a wine label using butterflies as the primary design feature. Every design I've ever done has began with a sketch, so that's exactly what I did with the wine label. I then brought the label sketch into Illustrator where I traced it out and vectorized the image. I then brought in the butterfly pictures and masked them to the shapes of the label. I brought down the opacity of the brown butterfly image in Photoshop. I chose the red butterflies because "Merlot" is a red wine, so I figured red butterflies would be a strong design choice. i chose the brown butterflies because I wanted to achieve a parchment-type colour for the other sections of the label to make the label look old and nice. After bringing the design of the label together, I then masked the label onto a 3D wine bottle built in Illustrator. Overall, I'm fairly pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment