Sunday, November 28, 2010

More personal cartoon work...

I recently picked up a book titled "Creating Characters With Personality" by Tom Bancroft. It's essentially for anyone who is interested in Animation and are looking to give their drawings a bit of an extra "kick". They offer tips on design elements like costumes/clothing, stance/posing, shapes, personalities etc. They have assignments after each chapter that test what you've learned from that chapter, and I must say, they look quite fun. I've already read through this book three times since buying it on Wednesday, and I'll definitely be looking through it and trying some of the assignments over the holidays (which will be hard because I'll be getting Call of Duty: Black Ops for Christmas :P) so I'll see what I can accomplish. This drawing is just a start for me, there's tons of things I'd like to do with this character drawing.

1 comment: