Thursday, March 8, 2012

Contrast project GRA 170

For this project, I was given a list of antonyms. My task was to illustrate 16 of those antonyms using a typeface that we have studied this semester (Bodoni, Baskerville, Garamond, Rockwell, Helvetica etc.) and pick a single letter, number or symbol from which ever font you've selected. I chose Bodoni as my font and the number '2' as my character. Bodoni is a very well designed font; I like the positive/negative space created particularly by the '2'. Here's my layout of the 16 illustrations.

Rough Concepts


Final product
The critique went quite well for my particular piece. None of the illustrations needed to be seriously re-done, just a few minor changes here and there.
Some of my favourite ones are the: large/small, concave/convex, beginning/ending, plain/decorative(especially) and subtle/coarse.

No comments:

Post a Comment