Wednesday, August 8, 2012

GRA270: Minimalist Posters revisions

So after an interesting critique from both my classmates and professor, I've made some changes to my minimalist poster designs. I feel that these revisions are a better solution for these designs. The initial concepts can be found here: http://graemethedigitalmediaartist.blogspot.com/2012/07/gra270-design-process-minimalist-poster.html


Got rid of the bloody hand print as it had more to do with CSI than Criminal Minds. The show focuses on the actions of the criminal, why they do it and figure out where he'll strike next. So I decided to use an illustration of a brain I found online.


Got rid of the shadow simply because I felt it was too distracting; takes away from the lock which is the primary element in the poster.



For Fast Five and The A-Team, I simply removed the type to avoid crowding the images.


Made the mask a surgical blue colour so it would be easier to identify as a mask and I fixed the perspective of the bloody droplets.

No comments:

Post a Comment